Have you decided it’s time for a facelift but plan on eschewing the traditional route of cosmetic surgery? When you skip the scalpel, you have plenty of options left to choose from.
At My Health 360 in Clarence, New York, Dr. Umbrine Fatima and her expert team offers medical aesthetic services, including non-surgical and liquid facelifts, to help you look and feel younger without surgery or major downtime. Read on to learn the difference between these minimally invasive procedures and see which one is right for you!
A non-surgical facelift can take one of several approaches:
- Thread lifts involve placing small barbed sutures just under the skin, to provide scaffolding for collagen to build on.
- Ultrasonic waves can boost collagen production in deep layers of your skin, smoothing and tightening the surface.
- LED photomodulation uses low-level light to stimulate the growth of elastin and collagen for firmer, tighter skin.
- Radiofrequency (RF) technology heats inner layers of the skin, prompting cellular turnover and collagen production to correct skin laxity.
- Microneedling is another collagen induction therapy that uses many tiny pinpricks on the skin to kickstart healing and rejuvenation.
All of these minimally invasive treatments are designed to stimulate collagen synthesis and lift skin to reduce signs of aging without any surgery or downtime.
Liquid facelifts depend on injectables to relieve wrinkles and lines, making your skin look fresher, plumper, and younger.
- Botulinum toxin, commonly known as Botox®, can correct forehead lines, crows feet, and frown lines by paralyzing tiny facial muscles that cause wrinkles.
- Dermal fillers can physically plump out fine lines and wrinkles and provide a natural, younger looking you.
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is an all-natural treatment created by centrifuging a vial of your blood to isolate growth factors, which is then injected into your face to boost cellular regeneration.
CHOOSING YOUR FACELIFT PROCEDURE
Each type of facelift has its pros and cons. Non-surgical facelifts can be completed with a handheld wand or pen in many cases, allowing you to lie comfortably as energy is pulsed into your skin to trigger collagen production.
In most cases, the most you’ll feel is a warming sensation or tingling. Thread lifts and microneedling are the most invasive of these procedures, but they still cause minimal discomfort (an ice pack on the face for a few hours can usually deal with any lingering stinging).
Injectables may make the needle-phobic cringe, but the ingredients are designed to work with needles as slim and fine as possible. The entire process of injecting only takes a few minutes per area treated. Best of all, injectables show results more quickly.
Dr. Fatima can consult with you about your hopes, fears, and goals for your facelift and help you decide which process is right for you. If you’re ready to look and feel younger, contact our office at 716-235-5317 or request an appointment online today.